Location: Holder building room 154.00.14
Contact: Jennifer Holter or Ian Griffiths
The Gatan PECS II instrument is a broad beam Ar ion mill designed to polish and coat samples for SEM imaging and analytical techniques.
- Etch at voltages as low as 100 V for rapid and damage free preparation of sample surfaces
- Permit samples as large as 32 mm in diameter
- Transfer samples from the PECS™ II instrument to a SEM/FIB or glovebox without exposure to air.
- Store and analyze image in DigitalMicrograph® software from Gatan for digital optical imaging
- Display and control all PECS II parameters using integrated 10-inch color touch screen